At Republic Indemnity we market workers’ compensation insurance to a variety of clients primarily in California and the western United States. With a commitment to strong results and extraordinary service, there are always opportunities to learn and grow. We’re a subsidiary of Great American Insurance Group, where the focus is on building relationships and linking people to many career paths. Whether it’s underwriting, claims, accounting, IT, or customer service, Republic combines a “small company” entrepreneurial atmosphere with “big company” expertise of the Great American Insurance Group. Great American has more than 30 specialty insurance divisions within our Property & Casualty Group, and our Annuity Group offers a broad range of financial services.
Republic Indemnity is currently recruiting for a Reinsurance Accountant in our beautiful Calabasas, California office.
Position will be mainly involved in all aspects of Reinsurance Accounting in addition to other STAT accounting and Financial Reporting areas as needed.
Main responsibilities include:
* Management and administration of Company's Reinsurance System.
* Monthly closing entries.
* Preparation of supporting calculations, analytical schedules, and monthly - quarterly - annual reconciliations .
* Preparation of Schedule F pages of the Quarterly and Annual Statement, including related support.
* Preparation of quarterly billings and collection effort.
* Review and understanding or reinsurance contracts.
* Preparation of SOX and audit support documents and write-ups.
All of the above requires coordination, interaction, and communication within the accounting department, with other departments, with parent company, and with external Brokers and Reinsurers, while exhibiting a high level of attention to details.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent.
Field of Study: Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
Experience: 2 to 4 years of related experience. Insurance accounting experience preferred. Reinsurance accounting experience preferred.