National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Performs a variety of routine clerical support duties within a functional group or team according to established systems and procedures. Tasks may include one or more of the following:
Complies with appropriate company and/or regulatory guidelines (i.e., handling of checks, titles, other negotiable items, etc.).
Familiar with department operations, policies and procedures, as well as the business and organization.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education:High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 to 3 years of experience. Continuing coursework toward certification in area of expertise may be required.
Scope of Job:Performs work under close supervision. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Demonstrates working knowledge of business systems/applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database,etc.) and equipment used to perform job functions. Works on assignments of low to moderate technical complexity.
• Requires continuous and prolonged walking and standing.
• Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.
• Requires frequent climbing, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling and crawling.
• Requires overhead reaching and grabbing.
• Requires regular and predictable attendance.
• Requires ability to conduct visual inspections.
• Requires work outdoors, in inclement weather conditions.
• May require ability to operate a motor vehicle.