Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American is looking for a Legal Compliance and Operations Specialist to join its Property & Casualty Legal Department (“P&C Legal”). This person will assist with corporate-wide legal compliance efforts and lead improvements to the day-to-day operations of P&C Legal. As a compliance specialist, this person will help implement and oversee several group-wide legal compliance issues. As an operations specialist, this person will work closely with the general counsel to ensure P&C Legal is operating effectively and efficiently. This individual also will recommend, implement, and maintain processes and systems to improve the department’s operations. The successful candidate will have strong project management, analytic, and communication skills. This position is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who is looking for a sophisticated and dynamic career while maintaining work/life balance.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in a corporate legal or compliance environment.
• Technology acumen: strong understanding of and ability to use technology solutions, such as Excel, SharePoint, and other Software as Service solutions.
• Project and change management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely with a wide variety of audiences.
• Collaborative, adaptable, innovative, solution-oriented attitude.