This position is a member of the Cyber Threat/Incident Response team which is part of the Enterprise Information Security Group (EISG). This role is expected to provide technical expertise and drive the strategy of continually assessing threats and maturing the Cyber Threat program within American Financial Group. This position is responsible for managing the tools and technologies supporting intrusion detection and prevention at both the network and endpoint. The ideal candidate will have a strong network infrastructure and security operations background and be willing to multi-task between multiple projects and initiatives. The environment consists of multiple locations, a complex architecture and involves significant collaboration with numerous IT and business functions.
Primary Job Responsibilities will include:
Secondary Job Responsibilities include:
• College degree in technology / sciences or equivalent work experience
• CISSP or other security credential preferred
• 5-7 years of experience with security operations and incident response
• Proven hands-on experience with security solutions such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxies, VPNs, malware protection, etc.
• In-depth understanding of TCP/IP and networking
• Experience with Linux, Mac and Windows operating systems
Core Competencies/Knowledge Needed: