Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Excess Liability Division, headquartered out of Atlanta, Ga., one of the company’s most consistently profitable divisions, specializes in offering substantial Umbrella and Excess liability limits to protect its clients' corporate assets from fortuitous, catastrophic loss. The Division has a well-established and proven plan of operational excellence with a well-defined underwriting “space” serving mainly local retail producers as well as national brokers and a small group of select Wholesale brokers. The Division can tailor coverages to meet specific individual exposures and provide a customized Excess program. The Excess Liability Division is staffed with an energetic team of highly experienced, true professionals empowered to respond quickly, decisively and enthusiastically.
The Excess Liability Division is currently searching for a Divisional Vice President to manage our Western region, including California, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Hawaii. The position is located in our Orange, California office. This is a rare and unique opportunity to work with some of the most experienced, knowledgeable and successful people in the USA Umbrella/Excess space.” People with a proven track record of getting quality results over a very long period of time.’’ Your chance to contribute on a true, winning, TEAM
This position will have both officer and non-officer underwriting team members reporting to it. The VP manager will be responsible for all local Underwriting and Marketing functions, consistent with the Divisional objectives and direction.
• Establishes an annual business plan and executes the division’s underwriting strategy and achieves the Underwriting Profit and related Objectives.
• Once established, a relatively high level of local underwriting authority will be maintained. The individual will have or quickly obtain expertise/ high level of knowledge in, Umbrella/Excess liability coverages and ensures staff is able to interpret and explain, all products, facilities, practices and services in a professional and effective manner
• Oversees both Retail (80%) & wholesale (20%) broker relationships.
• Oversees the quality assurance processes including formal audits and comprehensive underwriting file reviews.
• Will be an Active participant in divisional planning and problem solving.
• Reviews and interprets competitive information. Recommends to home office appropriate action based on competitive landscape.
• Has accountability for performance, development and coaching of staff (hiring, firing, performance management, pay increases, etc.). Ensures the department has a sufficient number of trained staff to provide necessary levels of service and achieve department performance objectives.