Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Ocean Marine Division is currently searching for a Commercial Lines Underwriter to work in the Cincinnati, Ohio location and underwrite the Commercial Lines products to round out Ocean Marine accounts.
Uses independent judgment and initiative to support business growth. Maintains a high level of customer service.
o Uses independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
o Maintains a high level of customer service.
o Analyzes coverage and limit requests and decides what terms to offer.
o Prices business in accordance with company guidelines.
o Assesses risk quality and compliance within company guidelines and initiates appropriate loss prevention actions.
o Orders and screens miscellaneous reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes, such as Motor Vehicle reports,
loss history reports, credit checks, outside inspections, loss control, etc.
Job title and grade will depend on the successful applicant's level of experience.
• Must be flexible with job responsibilities.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience, or equivalent work experience.
• Certifications such as CPCU, AMIM, AIC, INS, ARM, etc are strongly desired.
• Progression toward certification in area of expertise preferred; appropriate certifications could include AU, CPCU, CIC, INS or ARM.
• Demonstrates technical knowledge with moderate to complex underwriting concepts.
• Must have strong analytical, decision making, and problem resolution skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.