Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Specialty Equipment Services Division helps financial institutions, healthcare facilities, and organizations in the private and public sectors manage risk, decrease their administrative load, and reduce expenses through custom solutions and the power of technology. This division is currently looking for a Marketing Representative to work for our Specialty Equipment Division. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters in downtown Cincinnati, OH.
• Initiates contact with current and prospective new business partners.
o Markets the company's products / services through interaction (correspondence, phone, in person, etc.) with agencies, brokers and clients.
o Tracks statistics on prospect lists, hit ratios, business retention and new business production.
o Develops and employs innovative, creative and resourceful methods for achieving new business development.
o Upsell the features of the company’s products and seek other assets for coverage
• Works collaboratively with management to develop, monitor and adapt a business / marketing plan for area of responsibility and to support division goals.
o Participates in the development of agency or client business goals.
o May support underwriting in fact gathering, underwriting and pricing of new and renewals.
o May prepare reports to analyze and develop existing business profile / mix and the quality and quantity of new business.
o May promote additional coverage / programs to existing accounts.
o Responsible for achieving premium development and retention / persistency goals.
• Builds strategic relationships with business partners (clients, agents, brokers, producers) to achieve targeted profit goals of the division.
o Regularly corresponds and visits with clients, agencies and brokers. Monitors the delivery of excellent customer service and follows-up on any customer concerns that need to be addressed.
o May assist with coordinating / transferring books of business and ongoing contract management.
o Identifies issues / potential issues and triages to appropriate staff to resolve.
o Provides continuing education and support to assigned agents regarding company products, programs, product line news / issues, eligibility guidelines, risk and pricing philosophy.
• Maintains familiarity with competitors and market conditions. May be required to gather, analyze and maintain competitive information. May utilize a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to improve services or target marketing efforts.
• Collaborates with Underwriting, Product Development, Product Management, Corporate Legal and Corporate Communications to develop marketing initiatives, new products and the supporting marketing materials. May collaborate with other business units on cross-marketing efforts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Obtains insurance agency license in home state and non-resident license in remaining states.
• Conducts basic underwriting activities such as outbound enrollment renewal communications.
• Conducts other such outbound enrollment actives such as credit card expiration and intent to cancel follow-up
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline
Experience: 6 months to 3 years of related experience. Will require obtaining agents license.
Scope of Job: Performs work under moderate supervision and technical direction. Familiar with basic concepts, practices and procedures. Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of low to moderate technical complexity. May be required to have full comprehension of systems to answer questions and train agents. Position may require day and overnight travel (10-20%) to visit agents, brokers or clients. Position prospects and solicits new agents or clients; typically has no or limited underwriting authority. Uses communication skills to build and leverage excellent customer relationships and to provide opportunities for marketing products and services.