Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Our Product-Data-Compliance (PDC) department supports business units in achieving their growth and profitability objectives by managing products, including the filing of rates, rules and forms, assisting business units in the development and implementation of new or improved coverages, and implementing these changes into a policy administration system.
Depending on the applicant’s experience, PDC is currently looking to hire either a Product Analyst or Senior Product Analyst. This position is on a team that handles first-party lines of business (Commercial Property, Inland Marine, and Equipment Breakdown) and is located at the company's headquarters in downtown Cincinnati, OH.
As a Product Analyst/Senior Product Analyst, you will:
• Contribute to and/or be held accountable for leading the support of a defined insurance product.
• Partner with business units to develop new products and revise existing products, including gathering and analyzing data from various sources.
• Handle and oversee the filing approval process of rate/rule/form changes with state insurance departments that regulate us.
• Provide requirements to IT to implement product changes into the policy administration systems.
• Assist in the development of products, underwriting guidelines, manuals, procedures and training materials.
• Resolve and/or assist with researching, documenting, and communicating moderately complex product and compliance related issues.
• Provide line of business, compliance, data and other relevant training to business units and corporate departments.
• Monitors insurance publications for product impact.
• Identify and analyze emerging issues, regulatory changes, and competitive market developments.
• Prepares effective internal and external communications on product issues.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business/work experience.
Field of Study: Any. Although those with a business-related degree may have an interest in this role, any degree can learn and be successful in this position.
Experience: 3 - 5 years in insurance industry with a focus on multi-line underwriting, claims and/or product development.
• Expert knowledge of first-party lines of business including associated underwriting technical processes and concepts.
• Strong verbal and analytical skills are essential in this position.
• Organizational/project management skills, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Technical knowledge is helpful to this role, but those who have basic and customary technology skills will be able to learn the systems necessary for this role.
• Customer service oriented, and able to use independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to lead the work of others.
• Knowledge of actuarial concepts a plus.
• CPCU designation a plus.