Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Specialty Human Services Division (SHS) partners with independent retail agents and brokers to address the coverage needs and loss exposures of more than 10,000 human and social service organizations across the country. SHS has earned the nationwide reputation as a premier carrier in this sector.
SHS is currently searching for a Business Technology Analyst to help support the technology needs of our Social Service business unit.
• Assists in the definition of business technology needs and requirements.
• Contributes to test plan creation and testing of the application.
o Creates and executes various testing documentation (including plans and conditions) based on business filing, user requirements and / or system requirements:
o Maintains Excel rating worksheets for testing.
o Tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
o May perform regression testing.
o Maintains Test Script and / or Case Library.
• Documents problems and coordinates resolutions.
• Manages new user request, reports usage and # of users.
• Assists users with routine inquires, researches customer issues.
• Updates SharePoint sites, troubleshoots sites for problems
• Assists with the analysis, identification and documenting detailed descriptions of user requirements and program Assists in the preparation of analysis for production systems, applications and associated documentation.
• Gains knowledge of business information data sources and business data rules.
• Acts as liaison between business and IT.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of business and technology solutions for communicating information.
• May assist in system training.
• Maintains a high level of customer service to internal and external clients.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Business, Computer Science or a related discipline.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience.
• Previous insurance experience is preferred.
• Rating package lines of business and insurance knowledge is a plus.