Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Bond Division has been underwriting surety and fidelity bonds for over 90 years. Great American is known for expert underwriting, solid financial strength, market leadership and creative solutions to all bonding needs. With a highly diverse product line, Great American is one of the top surety companies in the United States. The Bond Division is currently seeking a Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst for our downtown Cincinnati headquarters.
• This position will have a blend of budgeting/forecasting responsibilities, the monitoring and analysis of financial results, data analysis, and management reporting.
• The responsibilities will include assisting the business unit with analysis of actual results, planning, forecasting and modeling various performance outcomes. This includes the creation of ad-hoc reports to satisfy business issues as required.
• The accounting responsibilities include managing functions relating to various accounting areas including reinsurance accounting. This may include financial modeling, monitoring of revenues, expenses, and reinsurance payments/ recoverable.
• In addition, will perform a range of administrative functions including preparing documentation for industry surveys/questionnaires, maintaining the status of system users, and the preparation of marketing/informational presentations.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• Combined 2-4 years of experience in the area of finance/accounting and business administration, with preference for the insurance industry.
• Excellent mathematical/analytical skills.
• Excellent database management skills, including Excel, Cognos (or other querying tool), and basic working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
• Knowledge of accounting procedures (Corporate Finance knowledge a plus).
• Knowledge of Adobe Pro and Microsoft PowerPoint is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of insurance and reinsurance contracts, endorsements, and cancellation requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.