Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Trucking Division offers a nationwide program that specializes in insuring the unique exposure of the For Hire Trucker. Our program focuses on the owner operator and small fleet markets, and we’re proud to serve the long haul trucking industry with insurance products and services dedicated to the success of the Owner-Operator.
The Trucking Division is currently searching for a Product Analyst / Senior Product Analyst. The product specialist will identify and analyze emerging issues, regulatory changes and competitive market developments and create action plans to implement and communicate changes. This individual will serve as a product support contact for the Trucking Division, assisting in the development of underwriting guidelines, manuals, procedures and training materials.
Job title and grade will depend on the successful applicant’s level of experience.
• Five or more years of related Underwriting, claims or product experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business/work experience.
• The preferred candidate will possess a unique blend of entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and analytical capability, in addition to insurance business and product development experience.
• The right individual will excel at developing strong relationships with internal and external customers and possess the ability to manage their workload independently.
• Insurance designations are a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Expert knowledge of insurance products, including associated technical processes and concepts.
• Knowledge of project management concepts a plus.
• Above average analytical skills, attention to detail, and mathematical ability.