Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Alternative Markets Division of Great American Insurance Group is a leader in the development of multi-line commercial programs and captive partnerships with agents, associations, and groups.
Since 1999, we have delivered customized solutions to our customers, establishing a reputation for flexibility, responsive service and open communication. Our program-focused business model is a great alternative to the traditional commercial marketplace.
Alternative Markets is currently searching for a Product Specialist to support our suite of product offerings. This position will be based out of our Cincinnati, OH headquarters.
• Serves as a contact and technical resource on underwriting policies, guidelines, processes and systems.
• Serves as the primary product representative for assigned Lines of Business and/or Products
Interacts with relevant areas such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, PDC and provides customer service support (i.e. agents, regulators)
• Develops product form and rate revisions, underwriting guidelines, manuals and procedures
Develops proper notifications to policyholders and ensures distribution.
• Develops training sessions and communication materials.
• Provides field underwriting management guidance. Has responsibility for developing, implementing, communicating and monitoring compliance of company guidelines, policies, systems, underwriting processes, procedures, legislative, regulatory and market conduct issues.
• Partners with the IT department on prioritization, implementation and enhancements of operational systems to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient.
• Resolves and/or assists with researching, documenting, communicating complex compliance related issues.
• Monitors pertinent insurance publications to determine impact on line of business. This may include:
• Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
• Performs other duties as assigned,
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 7 or more years of Product Management related experience required. May be in the process of obtaining or may have already completed certification in area of expertise; appropriate certifications could include Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Program in General Insurance (INS), Associate of Risk Management (ARM) and / or continuing education as a professional trainer (Certified Trainer, Train-the-Trainer, etc.) preferred.