Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
We are currently looking for a Service Specialist to work on Excess and Surplus casualty accounts for our Great American Risk Solutions Division. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters in downtown Cincinnati, OH.
• Performs a variety of the most highly complex policy administration tasks in support of the business within established production and quality guidelines. Tasks may include:
o Reviews instructions from agent, underwriter, insured, broker, etc. to understand / determine what is needed to provide issuances, endorsements, etc.
o Computes premiums on issuances, audits, endorsements and / or cancellations / reinstatements based on proper rate selection, rules and company procedures.
Enters rate, premium and / or policy information into appropriate systems for policy updates / issuance.
o Maintains file accuracy and completeness.
o Orders, prepares and / or updates reports (i.e., motor vehicle reports, loss reports, financial reports, loss run requests, etc.) and / or legal notices (i.e., Notice of Cancellation, non-renewal notice, motor vehicle / motor carrier filings, etc.).
• May set up and clear submissions.
o Researches and resolves and / or corrects errors and / or issues.
o Prepares, assembles and / or issues policy / endorsements and associated documentation.
o Researches and reconciles premium / billing accounting discrepancies. Responds to premium / billing questions.
o Performs preliminary risk evaluation and / or loss analysis.
• Utilizes computerized systems for research, tracking, information gathering and / or troubleshooting (i.e., Excel / Word programs, legacy systems, internal systems, third party vendor delivered systems, etc.).
• Shares and / or conveys the most highly complex information via telephone, e-mail, fax, regular mail or in person to underwriters, agents, brokers, reinsurers and / or insureds maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
• Participates in other departmental processes / projects, such as changes / enhancements to forms and screens, user acceptance testing for systems and policies, and reviewing impact to current policies / practices.
• Acts as a liaison with other departments and facilitate interdepartmental communication.
• May perform other tasks including support, photocopying, imaging, mail, data entry, agent contracting support and / or supply functions.
• Provides guidance, training and assistance to lower level positions. Serves as a resource for other functional areas.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of department policies and procedures and utilizes broad understanding of the business (including products, coverages, etc.) and organization. Complies with company and regulatory guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have at least 5 years of insurance experience, including data entry and policy issuance experience.
• Strong customer service skills are required.
• Must be an effective communicator; both verbally and in writing with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers at all levels from across the organization and with external contacts.
• Must be strong at establishing and adjusting priorities as needed.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have accurate data entry skills. Able to enter information into departmental database, as well as conduct research and maintain system folders and files.
• Experience in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be able to grasp working knowledge of proprietary computer programs.