Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Environmental Division offers an exclusive focus on environmental insurance solutions to a wide variety of commercial customers. The core products and services enable businesses to effectively and efficiently manage risks that can threaten their financial security. We are looking for a marketing trainee candidate to work in our Cincinnati headquarters with the Environmental division.
The marketing team supports the division and its underwriters by providing timely, relevant and convenient marketing and communication resources for their current brokers/agents while also helping them grow their book of business.
• Helps to develop and manage a variety marketing products that range from client-facing collateral and website content to educational resources for brokers/agents
o Preparing / distributing promotional correspondence (newsletters, brochures, et.) and / or marketing collateral to existing and potential agents and / or customers
o Assist with website revisions as well as content management
o Track key marketing metrics
• Develops knowledge and skill in collaborating with Underwriting, Product Development, Product Management and Corporate Communications to develop marketing initiatives, new products and the supporting marketing materials. May participate with other business units on cross-marketing efforts
o Learns to support underwriting in fact gathering
o Learns to prepare reports for analysis and development of existing business profile / mix and the quality and quantity of new business
• Learns to maintain familiarity with competitors and market conditions. May learn to gather, analyze and maintain competitive information
o May assist with maintaining a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database for tracking and targeting marketing efforts
o Maintains dashboards for internal reporting purposes
• Supports the Agency Administration process
o Provides forms and applications to current brokers and works with the AU team through appointment process
o Performs data analysis to maintain appointment compliance for agents and agencies
• Administrative Support:
o Participates in collaboration meetings with the underwriting team as needed
o Assists with scanning & filing
o May attend industry and association events
o Performs other duties as assigned
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Insurance and Risk Management, Business, Marketing, Chemistry, Biology or Geology.
• Must have strong analytical and communication skills, a high comfort level with technology, an understanding of the insurance industry and have a desire to learn on the job.
• Must have strong organizational skills as one works with different areas of Marketing, other departments and third-party vendors to coordinate efforts and manage the production and distribution of content and products.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft office and intermediate Excel skills. Experience with Salesforce and social media analytics tools is preferred.
• Experience in providing strategic and analytical support through data mining, competitive intelligence, surveys, statistical analysis and other qualitative and quantitative research techniques is preferred.