Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Specialty Equipment Services Division helps financial institutions, healthcare facilities, and organizations in the private and public sectors manage risk, decrease their administrative load, and reduce expenses through custom solutions and the power of technology.
• Lead and execute the business plan for the Agency Business Channel.
• Responsible for generating profitable growth through new agency relationships.
• Lead the start-up phase by building a book of business through specialty agents.
• Identify, select and/or create appropriate product offerings for agency distribution to targeted markets including equipment dealers, equipment finance companies, equipment manufacturers and end customers with medical, construction and manufacturing equipment.
• Responsible for delivery of appropriate services including underwriting, marketing, agency relationship, claims, IT/automation.
• Contribute to product development.
• Ensure proper underwriting controls.
• Analyze and monitor quality and quantity of risk.
• Hire, manage and develop staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
• 8-10+ years of related experience in Business Development and Underwriting.
• 2 to 4 years+ of supervisory experience.
• 5+ years of property underwriting experience.
• 5+ years of experience in a business development role.