Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Annuity Group offers a broad range of annuities in the education, financial institution and retail markets with the goal of helping individuals enjoy the retirement of which they've dreamed. Whether you are a young professional just starting out or someone who recently retired, our annuity solutions are designed with your lifestyle in mind.
• Provides advice and guidance to various internal customers on a diverse range of legal issues. Advises management on formulating and implementing creative business-oriented strategies and solutions to mitigate legal exposure.
• Develops and maintains expertise in federal and state securities laws, rules and regulations.
• Drafts contracts, disclosure documents and other legal forms.
• Reviews advertising, public disclosures, policies, and practices for legal compliance.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of company products, operations and procedures.
• Will participate in the product development process and litigation management as needed.
• Analyzes regulatory and legislative changes and determines / communicates impact of changes and responsive actions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• JD from an accredited law school is required.
• Must be admitted to practice law in Ohio and in good standing.
• Seeking candidates with 8-10 years of experience in relevant areas of law including securities law.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently.